It’s Friday. So in light of that, let’s keep things light and share some times I’ve made a fool of myself/been awkward/or some embarrassing summer moments. Hopefully, you say: that’s happened to me too! Or maybe you say: oh yeah, Nina, I would totally be embarrassed.
1. That time I went wakeboarding while on my period and realized that I had lost my tampon at some point. Somewhere. And it could be just floating in the lake somewhere.
2. That time while in Italy when I walked out of the bathroom and my skirt was tucked into my underwear without my knowledge. I wouldn’t care so much about that but there was an entire table filled with a football team that alerted me to this fact with hooting and hollering. I actually enjoy this memory now. I mean not that I exposed my underwear to them but just thinking of the ridiculousness of it.
3. The good old day when I got my period the first time. It was at the end of year and I could already smell summer. I was in fifth grade. FIFTH GRADE. I knew what was going on but I was in no way prepared. Because guess what a fifth grader doesn’t have? Change to get into the “sanitary napkin machine.” (And if you think I was the type to go to the nurse, I just wasn’t. I could handle this, right?) Then when I finally scrounge together change, I am basically given something that women wear post labor (I think?).
I really wish I would have had some U by Kotex® CleanWear® Ultra Thin Pads on my hands but guess who was not prepared for me to get my period in fifth grade? Everyone. When I told my mom when I got home, she laughed because she thought I must be joking and I was like, “No, Ma.” She promptly handed me some Kotex. Better yet, I wish U by Kotex® CleanWear® Ultra Thin Pads were invented back then. Because I am all about this whole # savetheundies thing.
4. Okay, I just thought of this one. When I was a new freshman in high school, still a baby, with summer still hanging on to the school year, my friend had a crush on this senior so I was the designated-friend-along-for-the-ride, the-only-way-to-make-this-a-group-thing, for her dates, along with one of his friends (because it was a group thing). This guy was nice and I laughed at his jokes but…I was a freshman. And I wasn’t stupid so nothing was going to happen between us. Ever.
But then one day, we were all watching a movie and he slid over to me and put his hand on the button of my pants (Ummmmm??) so I don’t know what to do. I just know that I do not want his hand on the button of my pants because that’s how one removes pants. And do I want him removing my pants? I think 100% no.
So, freaking out inside, looking for a way to stop this, and also very confused (Did this happen before kissing now? Because if so, I’m not into it. My views on “purity” would change over time but still, even then. This was not me.)
I whispered, loudly enough for my friend and her guy to hear, “I have my period.” And he skittered away and I felt so safe and happy.
Even if it wasn’t that time of the month when I needed U by Kotex® CleanWear® Ultra Thin Pads.
5. To keep from having some of the embarrassing moments I listed above (except the last one…handle that as you like), get a free sample of U by Kotex® CleanWear® Ultra Thin Pads or and other Kotex products easy peasy here. Holla! I love free things.
Can you relate to any of these? Have you gotten a sample?