To be honest, my twenty fifth year flew by. Maybe that’s what happens when you take everything day by day when it comes to moving across the country. I remember exactly where I was a year ago today and it’s strange to realize where I am right now. So, for today, here are 25 things I know for sure, as of today, right now (as in, I am sure there will be lots of things I change my mind about).
1. God’s plan is the best plan.
2. There are just some people that you are supposed to meet in this world, especially when you are away from your family. There are unexpected hugs and kindness everywhere.
3. Distance ain’t nothing but a word. But it’s still a word.
4. Adventures are hard. It isn’t always a fairy tale. But it’s still an adventure.
5. San Francisco is a fantastic city and I love her.
6. The internet is actually not a horrible place! Sure, there is meanness but social media…it can be used for good.
7. Becoming an adult is painfully difficult and awkward and I would like to know when I can drop the becoming from the front of this sentence.
8. There is nothing like laughing with someone who knows you deep down in your soul.
9. There is nothing like laughing period.
10. God is good.
11. I might be able to do something well, perfectly even; but that doesn’t mean that’s what I should be doing.
12. I am terrified of settling. I am terrified of fear holding me back. I am scared of regrets.
13. “When I am afraid, I put my trust in You.” Psalm 56:3
14. There is something to be said about reading a child a book.
15. “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9)
16. Facetime/Skype make my life happier.
17. A good book written by a good writer is priceless.
18. Rainy days are like sighs. Sometimes they feel awfully good.
19. Blogging is hard work but very much worth it.
20. I was meant to be a writer.
21. Coloring helps me relax.
22. I want to marry a man like Coach Taylor on Friday Night Lights, a molder of men. 😉 #ClearEyesFullHeartsCan’tLose
23. There is nothing like singing at the top of your lungs with your friends with the windows rolled down.
24. Curly hair is a blessing and a curse.
25. So many things will change in the next year. Maybe even some of the things I’ve listed here.
Anything I missed? Help a girl on the verge of 26 out here.
P.S. Want to enter to win a mug of your choice? Go check out Erin’s awesome blog, Living in Yellow. One day left.